Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Recipe Category: Rice/Pulao Recipes
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Basmati rice -1 cup
Onion – 1
Green chilli -2
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Tomato – 1 (puree it)
Mint leaves – handful
Peas – 1/3 cup
Lemon juice -2 tsp
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Salt as required
For the Seasoning
Oil -2 tsp
Ghee – 1 tsp
Cinnamon -1 inch piece
Bay leaf -1
1. Soak rice for 20 minutes. Drain the water completely and keep it aside.
2. Cut the vegetables lengthwise. (Vegetables I used- beans-6-7, potato -1, cauliflower-6 florets, 1/2 a carrot)
3. Wash cauliflower well and put it in salted hot water for 5 minutes.
4. Blend 1 tomato to a paste.
1. Take a pressure cooker or a pressure pan, heat ghee + oil, add the ingredients mentioned under ‘for the seasoning’. After it splutters, add onions and saute till they turn transparent.
2. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a few more minutes.
3. Add tomato puree, green chilli, mixed vegetables, peas, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt, mint leaves, drained rice and saute for a few minutes.
4. Then add 2 cups of hot water, lemon juice and close the cooker without weight. Keep it on medium flame.
5. After it is half cooked, stir the contents and close the cooker with weight. Simmer for 4-5 minutes and switch it off.
6. Open the cooker, after the pressure subsides. Hot steaming pulao is ready to be served with side dish of your choice. Garnish with coriander leaves.